(See below for English)
Seminarji sodobne umetnosti so, dolgoročno gledano, poskus oblikovanja novih pristopov (so)delovanja (in organizacije dela) na področju sodobne umetnosti, ki bi lahko vodili v transformacijo obstoječih in oblikovanje novih interpretacijskih in recepcijskih modelov – novih pogledov, razumevanj in konceptualizacij sodobne umetnosti – kot tudi pogojev dela v polju kulture.
Vsi seminarji se odvijajo v neformalni “atmosferi” kot študijski krožki, vsi dogodki pa so odprti za javnost.
Za dodatne informacije, pripombe ali vpis na listo obveščanja o srečanjih, vsebini in študijski literaturi seminarjev pišite na naslov firstname.lastname@example.org.
Na isti naslov nam pišite tudi v primeru, če bi se radi pridružili organizaciji obstoječih ali pa zasnovali svoj študijski krožek.
Za ogled preteklih in prihajajočih srečanj seminarjev uporabite meni kategorij.
Study seminars (2011 – ongoing)
The seminars of contemporary art are a long term attempt at shaping new ways of co-operating (and organizing labor) in the field of contemporary art, which could lead to a transformation of existing and creating new receptive and interpretive models – a new view, understanding and conceptualization of art practices – as well as the working conditions within the field of culture.
Previous seminars were held around the following topics:
- the ‘pedagogical turn’ and its troubles (2015/16), Tjaša Pogačar, Domen Ograjenšek
- reflexive sociology and the question of relational and historical analysis in contemporary art (2014/15), Kaja Kraner
- curating /the/ collective (2015), Domen Ograjenšek
- materiality and functions of images in digital media (2014/15), Tjaša Pogačar, Kaja Kraner, Tomo Stanič,
- production relations in contemporary art and their relation to participatory and discursive practices (2013/14), Tjaša Pogačar, Andrej Škufca, Kaja Kraner
- documenting the ephemeral and the museum in Eastern European Art (2011/12), Tjaša Pogačar, Andrej Škufca, Izidor Barši
The seminars are also accompanied by a long-term seminar dedicated to analysis of contemporary art practices. ASU (Analysis of Contemporary Art) is a practical-theoretical seminar that focuses on critically thinking diverse practices and strategies of contemporary art from the local context. We attempt to (re)think these practices according to current political and other contexts from which these practices emerge. The seminars take place as public events/gatherings during which we thoroughly examine a preselected artwork/practice/project: A short introduction made by the seminar coordinator serves as a starting point for the conversation/debate in which we try to recognize, think about and reflect the strategies that the examined artwork/practice has used. We then compare our findings and or contrast these against existing interpretations.