Besides being active on the content-level of production, Šum also became an experiment in forming alternative financial and organizational support strategies and establishing the necessary conditions for production of critical thought in contemporary art.
One such strategy is a co-production network of partner institutions (public and NGOs). The co-production network provides a financial source for the continuous publication of the journal and also encourages mutual support/alliance between self-organized (that is, also, self-employed) cultural workers (artists and writers) and public institutions of contemporary art. Though not yet fully operational, in future it might provide a framework that is necessary due to the ever greater precarization of work in the field of culture.
In 2018 Šum is supported by:
Društvo Igor Zabel • Galerija Kapelica • Galerija Škuc • Mednarodni grafični likovni center • Mestna galerija Ljubljana • Moderna galerija in Muzej sodobne umetnosti Metelkova • Umetnostna galerija Maribor • Zavod Celeia Celje, Center sodobnih umetnosti • Aksioma • Osmo/za: Zavod Projekt Atol, Društvo Ljudmila, Zavod Delak
*The texts published by Šum do not necessarily reflect the views of partner institutions which cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Members of the co-production network:
- Ustanova Fundacija Sonda + GT22
- Ljudmila / Projekt Atol / Delak
- Kapelica Gallery / Zavod Kersnikova
- Loški muzej Škofja Loka
- Igor Zabel Association for Culture and Theory
- Gallery Miklova Hiša Ribnica
- Društvo Galerija BOKS
- Društvo Praznine
- Koroška galerija likovnih umetnosti (KGLU)
- Mednarodni grafični likovni center (MGLC)
- Mestna galerija Ljubljana
- Moderna galerija in Muzej sodobne umetnosti Metelkova (MG+MSUM)
- Umetnostna galerija Maribor (UGM)
- Zavod Celeia Celje (Center sodobnih umetnosti)