Besides being active on the content-level of production, Šum also became an experiment in forming alternative financial and organizational support strategies and establishing the necessary conditions for production of critical thought in contemporary art.
One such strategy is a co-production network of partner institutions (public and NGOs). The co-production network provides a financial source for the continuous publication of the journal and also encourages mutual support/alliance between self-organized (that is, also, self-employed) cultural workers (artists and writers) and public institutions of contemporary art. Though not yet fully operational, in future it might provide a framework that is necessary due to the ever greater precarization of work in the field of culture.
In 2020 Šum is supported by:
Mednarodni grafični likovni center Ljubljana• Zavod Celeia Celje, Center sodobnih umetnosti • Galerija Miroslav Kraljević Zagreb
MOL – Municipality of Ljubljana, Department of Culture.
Members of the co-production network so far:
- Ustanova Fundacija Sonda + GT22
- Ljudmila / Projekt Atol / Delak
- Kapelica Gallery / Zavod Kersnikova
- Loški muzej Škofja Loka
- Igor Zabel Association for Culture and Theory
- Gallery Miklova Hiša Ribnica
- Društvo Galerija BOKS
- Društvo Praznine
- Koroška galerija likovnih umetnosti (KGLU)
- Mednarodni grafični likovni center (MGLC)
- Mestna galerija Ljubljana
- Moderna galerija in Muzej sodobne umetnosti Metelkova (MG+MSUM)
- Umetnostna galerija Maribor (UGM)
- Zavod Celeia Celje (Center sodobnih umetnosti)